Friday, October 10, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

My interview was originally scheduled for Monday morning, so over the weekend I looked over my resume and typed up a cover letter to go along with my resume. I also looked over the daily grade assignment we did in class that were common questions asked during interviews. Therefore, I felt pretty prepared for my interview.

I wasn't too nervous. More than anything, I just don't like the feeling of being unprepared. But for an interview, there really is only so much you can prepare for, since you don't know what to expect during the interview. The fact that I had prepared to the best of my ability beforehand helped to calm my nerves, as well as knowing it was just for practice and to get experience.

The question that threw me the most during the interview was when I was asked if I had any questions. I wasn't sure if it was good to ask questions or not, and if so, what were the right types of questions to ask. Therefore, I responded by saying I didn't have any at the moment, but that I was looking forward to see what all I could learn from the "internship" I was interviewing for.

If I could do the interview again, I would bring my resume, cover letter, and some questions in a folder to look more professional. The questions would help me in case I found myself in a similar situation, so that I could ask intelligent questions about the job opportunity, etc.

I learned to remain calm and act confident because that goes a long way and even if you are nervous, often times the interviewer won't catch it. Overall I think it was a very good experience and a good thing to practice. The more times you practice, the more comfortable you will be doing it.

No comments: