Sunday, October 5, 2008

Presentations

This week during class, everyone gave a presentation on a topic of their choice. There were a lot of interesting topics done, but the three I really enjoyed were the Gatorade presentation, the preparing for a speech presentation, and the wild horse racing presentation.

The Gatorade presentation was interesting because it is such an everyday product that has a lot meaning behind it. It was interesting to find out about the history of Gatorade, such as when, how, and why it was made, as well as learning about all of the things that go on behind the scenes of the actual drink, such as the GSSI.

The presentation on preparing for a speech presentation was one I would have never thought of doing, yet it is a great speech idea, especially if used for a class, such as comm. It gave a good outline on things to remember to do and it was broken down for each part of the speech. I actually realized I didn't have a closing for my speech when I was listening to this one. The information was really well presented.

The wild horse racing and the dairy cow speeches were both very interesting to me in the sense that neither of these two breed the animals for showing. Instead the animals are taken from the wild and are used. The wild horse racing stood out a little more than the cow one because the horses are literally taken from being wild and put into a ring without there seeming to be any sort of transition phase. Although I do feel bad for the horses, probably scared out of their minds, I think it would be very entertaining to watch and the rodeo itself seems to be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Ben08 said...

Hey Meredith, just letting you know I wrote about your presentation in my blog...you did a great job